#thegreatgatsby#trivia 🥂 -When Klipspringer falls asleep on the organ, a pair of tennis shoes can be seen on top of the organ. Towards the end of the novel (not shown in the movie), he makes a call to Nick asking if anyone had seen his tennis shoes that he had left in the mansion. -Amanda Seyfried, Rebecca Hall, Rachel McAdams, Keira Knightley, Blake Lively, Abbie Cornish, Michelle Williams, Natalie Portman, Eva Green, Anne Hathaway, Olivia Wilde, Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johansson were considered to play Daisy Buchanan.
Everybody's Free (to Wear Sunscreen), wrote Chicago Tribune columnist Mary Shmich, later misattributed to Kurt Vonnegut, later turned into a song by Baz Luhrmann.
It's now written all over my arms in patches of burned skin, layers peeling to reveal various states of sun damage. Because I didn't listen to this precious piece of advice and here are some of it below.
1. Wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it... the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.
2. Don't be reckless with other peoples' hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.
3. Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself.
4. Keep your old love letters. Throw away your old bank statements.
5. Don't feel guilty if you don't know what to do with your life. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't.
6. Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much. Or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance, so are everybody else's.
7. Enjoy your body, use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own.
8. Get to know your parents. You never know when they'll be gone for good.
9. Be nice to your siblings. They're your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.
10. Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.
11. Don't expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund. Maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse. But you never know when either one might run out.
12. Trust me on the sunscreen.
Intentional Leo moment. Snap by @theglasszipper 💇🏻 by @hhhunterrr is perfection. 💖❣️ from my beach dwellers is seen shining in my eyes. @streetwalker1 @alishasilverstein @pauljosephwaxman. #romeoandjuliet#leonardodicaprio#bazluhrman
Day 63 - living on the other side of the world has its perks. One thing however that isn't a perk is being on the other side of the world when a family member dies. Although I hadn't seen my nonna for a while, it's still sad when any of your grandparents pass away. There's a fear that we all have about losing our parents, a fear that creates instant empathy and understanding of the pain for which it causes. There's a lot of platitudes around death, but for me it's reminded of my own relationship with my own mum and to remember that nothing is lasting. "The real troubles in your life are apt to be things - That never crossed your worried mind
The kind that blindsides you at 4 p.m. on some idle Tuesday" #seoul#death#loss#nonna#southkorea#bazluhrman#journal#thoughts#family#instadaily#100days#100dayproject#italy#lidodijesolo
#moulinrouge is my favorite movie of all time and with it brought a love of #nicolekidman she has inspired me all these years and also helped me realize that it was ok to be extremely pale. Happy Birthday Nicole, and thank you.
Remember when you used to play dress up as a toddler? You would be fully committed to the imaginary world of your own creation. An actor must unlock this childlike sense of play within themselves again. Believe in the imaginary circumstances to shape your reality. Allow yourself the total freedom to be someone else--even for just a few moments. Imagination can take you anywhere!